Students with quality volunteering experiences will have many more scholarship opportunities open to them compared to those students with few community service hours.
This is a beautiful thing for volunteering students. Not only do they get to help change and impact the lives of others, but they also can use their community service experiences to write interesting and personal scholarship essays.
Here is a volunteering scholarship that is open to students with a spirit of generosity brought to you by Becca’s Closet, Macy’s and TLC’s “Say Yes To The Prom”.
Becca’s Closet, Macy’s and TLC’s “Say Yes To The Prom” are collaborating on the Spirit of Community Scholarship.
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage students who have demonstrated outstanding community service in high school to continue their efforts throughout their lives and to inspire others to do the same.
Eligibility for the Becca’s Closet, Macy’s, “Say Yes To The Prom” Spirit of Generosity Scholarship:
• Graduating high school senior anywhere in the United States
• Minimum 2.
• Demonstrated financial need – all pages of 2019-2020 FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) required (www.fafsa.gov)
• Have made an outstanding, documented contribution to his or her local community through service to his/her local community through volunteer service of any kind.
• Will attend a regionally-accredited 2 or 4-year college/university or technical/vocational institution in fall of 2020
• US Citizen, legal resident or DACA-eligible
The award amount is $5,000.
Note: Becca’s Closet has two other scholarship opportunities for students. Check them out here.